Are you tired of looking in the mirror and seeing a gap in your smile? Dental implants, one of the tooth restoration options offered by your Nashua, NH, dentists, Dr. Salvatore Guerriero and Dr. Salvatore Colletta of Nashua Smile Makers, will transform your smile.
Dental implants help you replace your missing tooth from top to bottom
Dental implants are tiny titanium posts placed in your jawbone during a minor oral surgical procedure. Once in place, the post bonds to the bone in three to six months, which makes it strong enough to serve as the root of your new tooth. A dental crown created from an impression of your mouth restores the top part of your missing tooth. The crown is attached to the dental implant with a connector called an abutment. When both pieces are connected, you'll have a brand-new, fully functioning tooth.
6 reasons you should consider dental implants
Dental implants are an excellent restoration choice for many reasons, including:
- Longevity: Since your implant bonds to your jawbone, it will probably never need to be replaced. Daily brushing and flossing, in addition to regular visits to the Nashua, NH, dental office for checkups, will help you keep your dental implants in good condition.
- Cost: Although dental implants may seem a little expensive initially, opting for implants can save you money in the long run. As your implants are permanently replaced to your jawbone, you won't need to replace them every 10 to 15 years, unlike bridges and dentures. (You will need to replace your crowns when they become worn after years of use.)
- Feel: Dental implants feel like real teeth because they're firmly rooted in your jawbone. Your new tooth won't budge when you chew or speak.
- Biting Power: A decrease in biting power can occur if your restoration only replaces the crowns of your teeth. Dental implants give you the biting power you need to eat all your favorite foods.
- Easy Care: You won't need to buy special dental care tools to care for your implant. In fact, you'll treat it just like the rest of your teeth. In addition to thorough brushing, flossing around the base of your tooth is particularly important. If you don't floss, you may be more likely to develop an infection that could loosen the dental implant.
- Versatility: Dental implants can replace any number of teeth. If you've lost several teeth in a row or wear dentures, implant-supported bridges and dentures are an excellent option.
Complete your smile with dental implants! Schedule an appointment with your dentists in Nashua, NH, Dr. Guerriero, and Dr. Colletta of Nashua Smile Makers, by calling (603) 882-3727.